My name is Tanya C. Mchale and I am a hynotherapist and nurse specializing in hypnosis for pregnancy and childbirth. I am also a labor monitrice and childbirth educator. I have three children born without any medication.
Experience and Credentials
I have been working as a childbirth educator and labor monitrice for the past 25 years. I have attended over 1600 births in this time. I trained as a hypnotherapist and certified HypnoBirthing instructor in 2001 to provide a valuable tool for pregnant and laboring women. I left the HypnoBirthing Institute in 2005 in order to provide additional tools to pregnant and laboring women. I am a registered nurse with over eight years experience as a labor nurse.
I enjoy serving pregnant women and their families! I see clients for private hypnotherapy in my offices in Oak Park and I assist women and their partners during labor and birth as a doula/monitrice; and I teach Hypnosis for Childbirth classes in Oak Park and at Illinois Masonic Medical Center.
▪ Hypnosis for Childbirth Classes – This is a way to prepare for your baby by using hypnosis to decrease fear and anxiety about birth and to stay calm and relaxed through your labor. Approximately 70% of women who take my classes go through labor with no medication.
▪ Doula/Monitrice Care – A doula is a woman who provides emotional, psychological and physical support to couples during labor. A monitrice does all that a doula does, but also has nursing or medical training and uses that background during your labor. Monitrice care is a comprehensive form of support as it includes monitoring your labor at home until you typically are in late active labor before going into the hospital, assisting you with advocacy and labor support in the hospital and assisting you with breastfeeding support and other early parenting issues after the baby is born.
▪ Hypnotherapy – I provide hypnotherapy in two locations. Hypnosis can effectively assist with smoking cessation, reducing nausea andvomiting during pregnancy, decreasing blood pressure, and turning breech babies to a head-down position. For women who are not pregnant, hypnosis can assist with weight management as well.
A Positive Labor Experience
Hypnosis is a tool that can assist you in reaching goals and making changes in your health. It is the art of accepting suggestions that, while in an ordinary state of mind, you might discard. When hypnosis is used during pregnancy and labor, these are documented outcomes:
▪ Patients who used hypnosis in addition to conventional treatment for pregnancy-induced hypertension required only half the number of hospitalizations than patients who used conventional treatment only.
▪ Teaching clients how to control nausea in hypnosis reduced incidences of nausea and vomiting.
▪ Hypnosis, used with conventional treatment, stopped labor for longer periods of time than conventional treatments alone.
▪ Hypnosis used by itself has been effective in helping to “turn” babies that were in the breech position after 36 weeks.
▪ Finally, almost 70 percent of patients who took my Hypnosis for Childbirth class gave birth without needing medication throughout their labors and births.
My office is in Oak Park, IL. I teach Hypnosis for Childbirth classes in two Chicago-area locations: Oak Park, and Chicago (Illinois Masonic Medical Center).
You can reach me at 708-725-3025, or by e- mail at email@example.com
I founded The Center of Birthing Transformation that is based in, and serves, the greater Chicagoland area. I have two wonderful partners who also provide Doula/Monitrice Care through the Center. Please get to
– Emily Casselbury RNC-
Emily has over 14 years experience in the field of childbirth and maternal health. She has apprenticed with a home birth midwife in Tennessee, and studied with the Farm Midwives including Ina May Gaskin (author of Spiritual Midwifery and Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth). She is a RN certified in mother-baby care, has experience as a labor and postpartum doula, and a breastfeeding counselor. She is certified in Quantum Touch, an energy modalitiy that assists women in pregnancy, labor and postpartum. In addition to her work with the Center of Birthing Transformation, Emily is currently a mother-baby nurse at a large teaching hospital in Chicago.
-Nora Pruszynski Jenkyns-
Nora has been a Registered Nurse for over 17 years, the first 11 of which were spent working with infants and their families in Neonatal Intensive Care. During her first pregnancy, she studied various natural childbirthing techniques and found hypnobirthing to be invaluable throughout all of her pregnancies. After the birth of her first child, she became enthralled with the world of birthing and cross-trained into Labor and Delivery. She has spent the past 6 years assisting birthing women in both the hospital and home setting. She is currently being certified in Quantum Touch and is excited to join the Center for Birthing Transformation.